Amy Sandler on Leadership
HOW TO BE A KICKASS BOSS
Radical Candor is a simple idea: to be a good boss, you must care personally at the same time as you challenge directly, least you become manipulatively insincere, or worse, obnoxiously aggressive. And nobody likes that.
Radical Candor is a simple framework that helps you build better relationships at work and fulfil the three key responsibilities of a leader: creating a culture of feedback, building a cohesive team and achieving results that matter.
In this 90-minute masterclass, Amy Sandler, Chief Content Officer and coach at Radical Candor, an executive education company based on Kim Scott’s best-selling book of the same name, provides a practical guide to overcome everyday miscommunication, the inertia of feedback loops that irritate instead of inspire and work relationships that fail to function.
Join Amy to learn how to:
- Bring your humanity to work and make it work for you
- Get past the behaviour of saying nothing if you have nothing nice to say
- Care personally without letting empathy take over
- Challenge without making enemies
- Wield sincerity effectively
- Deliver tough messages that actually get heard
You should attend if you’re concerned about:
- Regular miscommunication
- Individual feedback that fails to stick
- Successful team building
- Giving more productive team-wide feedback
Why you should bring your leadership team:
Radical Candor was written for leaders and those who manage leaders specifically to deal with the problems of successful leadership, finding meaning at work and creating an environment where people both love their work and respect their colleagues. The Radical Candor framework is one that can be used organisation-wide.
- Field of study: Communication, People, Leadership, Culture
- Level: Intermediate and Experienced
- CPE Credits: 1.5
Level up your feedback skills with Radical Candor in 2021
“It's thrilling to learn a framework that shows how to be both a better boss and a better colleague. Radical Candor is packed with illuminating truths, insightful advice, and practical suggestions…. Indispensable."
Gretchen Rubin author of New York Times bestseller The Happiness Project
Who Should Attend
Information packed and highly practical, this masterclass series is a must-attend for:
- CEOs and high performing teams
- Business leaders/ heads of department
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Anyone who wants to deal with the problems of successful leadership, finding meaning at work and creating an environment where people both love their work and respect their colleagues.