How to Tame Your Advice Monster
Michael Bungay Stanier on Leadership
How to tame your advice monster
Say less, ask more, lead better
We often think of leaders as being the ones with all the advice, but in fact it’s the part of you that jumps in to offer up ideas, opinions, suggestions and solutions that makes you less of a coach and has you working harder than you need to.
Michael Bungay Stanier introduces us to the advice trap and teaches us how to tame our advice monster in this live virtual 90 minute masterclass.
Michael is at the forefront of shaping how organisations around the world make being coach-like an essential leadership competency.
His book The Coaching Habit is the best-selling coaching book of this century, with nearly a million copies sold.
Drawing on years of experience training more than 10,000 busy managers across the world in practical, everyday coaching skills, and from his new book, The Advice Trap: Be humble, stay curious and change the way you lead forever, Michael reveals how to unlock your people’s potential.
He unpacks essential coaching questions to demonstrate how by saying less and asking more, you can become a better leader.
Michael offers specific coaching strategies to focus on what’s most important and tools to make your conversations and coaching irresistible.
In this session you learn to:
- See the difference between Easy Change and Hard Change - and why it matters
- Identify the three Advice Monsters and understand which one is your own
- Quantify the price paid when an Advice Monster is in control
- Generate strategies for taming Advice Monsters
You should attend if you’re concerned about:
- Being frustrated by teams that are overly dependent on you
- Overwhelmed by the amount of work you have
- Feel disconnected from doing important work
Why you should bring your leadership team:
- Share practical ways to foster autonomous, accountable teams.
- Learn an effective framework for more productive and engaging conversations
- Shift the focus from feeling bogged down to having energy to do your best work
- Field of study: Leadership, Communication, Culture
- Level: Intermediate and Experienced
- CPE Credits: 1.5
“Concise, powerful and true. Once again MBS delivers a wake-up call with real value.”
Who Should Attend
Information packed and highly practical, this masterclass series is a must-attend for:
- CEOs and high performing teams
- Business leaders/ heads of department
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Anyone interested in mastering a new leadership superpower - Curiosity.