The 5 Question Leader
Michael Bungay Stanier on Leadership
FIVE QUESTIONS TO MAKE BUSINESS COACHING AN EVERYDAY LEADERSHIP ACT
We know coaching is effective in sport. A good coach can make a mediocre team a winning proposition. But in everyday business, coaching is weird. It’s outside the box, it’s HR stuff, it’s a fad, it’s got baggage.
Michael Bungay Stanier is at the forefront of shaping how organisations around the world make being coach-like an essential leadership competency. His book The Coaching Habit is the best-selling coaching book of this century, with nearly a million copies sold.
Michael’s live 90-minute masterclass is designed to make coaching desirable, giving you the tools to make it an everyday leadership act that has immediate impact.
Drawing on years of experience training more than 10,000 busy managers from around the globe in practical, everyday coaching skills, Michael reveals how to unlock your peoples' potential. He unpacks essential coaching questions to demonstrate how, by saying less and asking more, you can develop coaching methods that produce great results.
In this session you’ll:
- Learn the three vicious circles of leadership and determine which one you’re stuck in
- Discover how to split time between Bad, Good and Great Work
- Confess to at least one of the five reasons you’re skeptical about coaching
- Work through the Five Key Questions, including the Best Coaching Question in the World
You should attend if you’re concerned about:
- Being frustrated by teams that are overly dependent on you
- Overwhelmed by the amount of work you have
- Feel disconnected from Great Work and stuck firefighting urgent tasks
Why you should bring your leadership team:
- Share practical ways to foster autonomous, accountable teams.
- Learn an effective framework for more productive and engaging conversations
- Shift the focus from feeling bogged down to having energy to do your best work
- Field of study: Leadership, Communication, Culture
- Level: Intermediate and Experienced
- CPE Credits: 1.5
THE FUTURE IS HERE. THE TIME FOR TRANSFORMATION IS NOW.
Who Should Attend
- Information packed and highly practical, this masterclass is a must-attend for:
- Business leaders, CEOs and high performing teams keen to focus on becoming healthier, allowing them to tap into the intelligence and expertise they already have.
- Leaders in small business or mid-sized enterprises who want to understand their personal areas of genius to do the kind of work that gives them joy and energy.
- Leaders keen to learn how to increase their influence and ability to bring out the best results from their teams.
Faculty Members get access to our event replay for 14 days