Powerful words from the world's youngest Nobel Laureate
Quotes from Malala Yousafzai, I Am Malala: How One Girl Stood Up for Education and Changed the World.
- “We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced.”
- “One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.”
- “When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.”
- “Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow." Education is neither Eastern nor Western, it is human.”
- “If one man can destroy everything, why can't one girl change it?”
- “Let us pick up our books and our pens, they are the most powerful weapons.”
- “Once I had asked God for one or two extra inches in height, but instead he made me as tall as the sky, so high that I could not measure myself.”
- “My mother always told me, 'Hide your face people are looking at you.' I would reply, 'It does not matter; I am also looking at them.'”
- “I told myself, Malala, you have already faced death. This is your second life. Don't be afraid — if you are afraid, you can't move forward.”
- “Our men think earning money and ordering around others is where power lies. They don't think power is in the hands of the woman, who takes care of everyone all day long, and gives birth to their children.”
- “Life isn't just about taking in oxygen and giving out carbon dioxide.”
- “I don't want to be thought of as the 'girl who was shot by the Taliban' but the 'girl who fought for education'. This is the cause to which I want to devote my life.”
- “The Taliban could take our pens and books, but they couldn’t stop our minds from thinking.”
- “We liked to be known as the clever girls. When we decorated our hands with henna for holidays and weddings, we drew calculus and chemical formulae instead of flowers and butterflies.”
- “There are two powers in the world; one is the sword and the other is the pen. There is a third power stronger than both, that of women.”
- “When someone takes away your pens you realise quite how important education is.”
- “If people were silent nothing would change.”
Quotes from others:
- ‘Malala is an inspiration to girls and women all over the world.’ – J.K. Rowling
- “Her actions are a symbol of what it means to stand up for your rights - with a simple demand to fulfil the basic human right to education.”- Salil Shetty, secretary general of Amnesty International.
- Malala Yousafzai has “…the most compassionate of hearts, but courage and will of steel’ – Emily Blunt
- Malala has ‘…Courage with a big C’ – Apple CEO Tim Cook
- ‘A chosen child. A powerful enemy. A flash of light. A forehead with a scar.’ - Charlotte Alter of Time Magazine comparing Malala with Harry Potter.
See also: 21 QUOTES FROM INSPIRING WOMEN
An Evening with Malala Yousfazai was a sold-out event hosted by The Growth Faculty in Australia in 2018.
Due to the pandemic, The Growth Faculty's events programme is now virtual and accessible to everyone.
Our next event is No.3 TED Talk of all time, the "Start with Why" guy SIMON SINEK.
The Growth Faculty is proud to present New York Times best-selling author, TED Talk sensation and "unshakable optimist", Simon Sinek in a powerful and exclusive two-part live virtual event this November, 2020.
As well, The Growth Faculty has this year launched virtual masterclasses - the Time For Transformation series; especially designed for business leaders. We make learning and development easy and inexpensive by bringing your team the world's renowned thought leader. Ensure your team are trained to pivot, adapt and innovate in these unprecedented times. See who's up next.