A review of our biggest achievements in 2019, and a sneak peak of what 2020 holds...
Our most impressive year yet, in 2019 The Growth Faculty certainly stayed true to the growth part of its name. With an international expansion into Southeast Asia, ten incredible speakers and trainers running workshops to thousands of delegates, the exciting appointment of our new CEO, Trent Brown, and interviews with over 55 authors through The Growth Faculty On Demand, it’s been a record breaking 12 months.
Achievements in 2019
- Multiple sell-out events, seminars and workshops with world-class speakers across Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, as well as the U.S., New Zealand and Singapore.
- An expansion of activities into a new global region, with the launch of An Evening with Michelle Obama in Singapore.
- 8,000 attendees dancing, singing and learning the power of vulnerability from Brene Brown.
- Execution and sales strategy sessions with author Chris McChesney and trainer Jack Daly, both in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney.
- The announcement of Simon Sinek LIVE (now staged as a virtual event in November 2020)
- The recent launch of Seth Godin Live as a virtual event for 2020.
- A leadership summit with The Advantage author Patrick Lencioni, who presented alongside Kevin Lawrence and Whitney Johnson at several full-day events.
- An intimate evening with former PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi, who spoke about gender, leadership and her impressive career to Australian audiences.
- Our twice-yearly Good to Great Study Tour in Colorado with Jim Collins, with 20 CEOs from Australia and around the world hosted by our own founder, Karen Beattie.
- A staggering 171% growth of our On Demand community, from 2018 to 2019.
After saying goodbye to Nobel Laureate Malala Yousafzai in December, 2018, we immediately started working on our 2019 events, starting with author and teacher Jim Collins in February. Over a week, the exclusive group of executives took part in his bi-annualy training program, and received the first copies of his new book, Turning the Flywheel. Soon after, we welcomed Patrick Lencioni, Kevin Lawrence and Whitney Johnson for our 12th National Growth Summit, attended by over 2,500 business leaders:
“Great talk [12 National Growth Summit] about how to empower your team members, how to keep them satisfied and the org healthy. Heaps of useful tools.”
Tweet by @normanerck
A change of pace saw former PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi sit down for two intimate, red carpet dinners, where she spoke to host Adam Spencer about mega trends, ‘The Immigrant Mentality’, gender and workplace bias:
“Inside many companies, we have to address this issue of conscious and unconscious bias...you strip those people, you slowly strip them of their confidence, and when you strip them of their confidence, you strip away their competence.”
Members of The Growth Faculty team with Indra Nooyi
“The trick to execution and strategy is not about executing on the goal, it’s about executing on the goal in the middle of a 100pmh whirlwind.”
Just as everyone else started to wind down, our hard working team was preparing for a new chapter of growth. Our final events of the year represented the beginning of our expansion in Southeast Asia, with two very special seminars in Singapore.
An Evening with Michelle Obama gave audiences a rare glimpse into the former First Lady’s childhood, professional life and personal challenges, as she spoke candidly about being a parent, overcoming challenges and the significant responsibility of giving a voice to the voiceless.
The Growth Faculty On Demand
The Growth Faculty’s online platform, a library of the world’s brightest business minds, had an impressive year. Our livestream series welcomed authors Marcus Buckingham, James Kerr, Simon Sinek and Seth Godin, among many other fascinating guests, and recorded over 12,200 hours of watched clips.
We also saw our community of Super Learners grow by 171%, with one very special Super Learner, Vanessa Edwards, listening to over 80 hours of interviews in just one month!
2020 and Beyond
2019 was a big year but get ready: 2020 is set to be even bigger, with two major events already confirmed:
The announcement of Simon Sinek Live in March 2020, with tickets SOLD OUT in Auckland and selling fast for Sydney and Melbourne within months of launching.
The launch of Seth Godin Live - touring Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland and Singapore in May 2020, this 19 x best-selling author and marketing titan is on a mission to show you how to SEE your customers and in turn be SEEN by them.
It’s Just the Beginning...
Thank you to everyone who attended our events, tuned in to our livestreams and joined our community of On Demand Super Learners. We look forward to seeing you next year as we embark on an even more ambitious program of seminars (stay tuned for new announcements), events and livestreams, as we learn from the world’s brightest minds and strive to be better, do better and change the way we think.